Getting Started with TiddlyJam
17th April, 2021
TiddlyJam is designed to make it easy to export a simple blog from TW5 while providing the tools to make very complex websites.
How to setup
- Make sure TiddlyWiki on NodeJS is installed and upgraded to the latest version as instructed by https://tiddlywiki.com/#GettingStarted%20-%20Node.js.
tiddlywiki --version should print
- TiddlyJam needs the nodejs installation of TiddlyWiki to work properly (for now). Checkout the github repo (https://github.com/adithya-badidey/tiddlyjam) for more details on future plans.
- Open the local folder containing the wiki in file explorer:
- Open your wiki in the browser and import the plugin from https://tiddlyjam.com/wiki (you can drag and drop it into your wiki)
- In your wiki,
TiddlyJam Dashboard should be now available to manage your website.
How to Export
- Open the command line, navigate to the local folder of your TW5 and run:
tiddlywiki --build tiddlyjam
output folder should contain the html files. It will be rendered using the default theme - the same one as https://tiddlyjam.com
- This folder can be hosted on your hosting service and viola - the website is ready.
- Note: Checkout tiddlyjam.com's build process for inspiration.